Graph-theoretic analysis of Smart Grids
Background and Objectives
Like all networked systems, electric power grids can be modelled with graph theory. This representation allows to extract valuable information from the system and its dynamic performance. In this project, you have to develop the tools to convert the responses coming from power system dynamic simulation software into a dynamic graph stream and visualize it. You will use the dynamic simulator PyRAMSES1 to perform the actual simulations and get the results through a Python-based interface.
- A complete literature review concerning graph theory analysis in electric power systems.
- An interface in Python that can convert the results from a power system dynamic simulation to a dynamic graph stream.
- A graph visualisation tool that will produce graph representations from power system topologies.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good programming skills (Python – or willingness to learn fast).
- Good background in electric power systems (minimum Power Systems I).
Before asking any questions, please check the FAQ.